Core Review: Internship Opportunity for Graduate Student
Earlier this year, Premier Christy Clark appointed the Hon. Bill Bennett to undertake a core review of government services. The Terms of Reference were released this summer. In September 2013, Minister Bennett released a letter to all government ministers outlining how the Cabinet Working Group on Core Review will carry out its evaluation of all government programs and services.
In response to the core review process, the BC Care Providers Association will hire a consultant and graduate student to conduct research and prepare a submission to Minister Bennett. We will focus on how to reduce red tape in the continuing care sector and re-focus those resources to further improve the quality of care for BC’s seniors.
We will be working with a consultant and graduate student.
Internship Opportunity – Research Grant
Discipline: Economics. Graduate students or post-docs in other disciplines with required skills, expertise and interests are also welcome to apply.
The primary tasks of the graduate student will be to:
- Review and update our “Dis-Org” chart to identify the administrative, regulatory and reporting systems facing care providers (e.g., residential care homes).
- Identify areas of duplication and make recommendations that would streamline administrative, regulatory and reporting processes, reduce costs and enhance quality of care.
- Survey and consult with stakeholders to obtain data.
- Develop and quantify specific case examples.
- Analyze and quantify the data, and prepare a report and recommendations incorporating the above.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent communication: able to convert complex issues into plain language (written , chart, oral).
- Excellent numeracy: quantify the efficiencies.
- Good understanding of legislation, regulations, policy and the political environment in relation to the health, seniors and continuing care sectors.
Research Grant Application Process: For information on how to apply for the research grant, please contact Heather Campbell, Director of Policy and Research, at 604.736.4233 ext. 228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: October 18, 2013
Start Date: ASAP