Launched in June 2020, the Energy Savings Program is a new initiative in partnership with FortisBC providing energy services to operators of assisted living, independent living and long-term care homes in B.C. BCCPA recognizes energy costs and concern for the environment are both important factors impacting how care homes operate throughout the province. With this in mind, the Energy Savings Program gives BC Care Providers Association (BCCPA) members an internal resource to assist with tracking and reporting on energy use and carbon emissions, equipping them with the information necessary to achieve cost and emissions reductions.
- Participants must be commercial natural gas customers of FortisBC with Rate 2 or above
- Physically operate in the province of British Columbia
- Be a BCCPA or EngAge BC member, or on referral from FortisBC
- Complete all BCCPA and FortisBC application documents
- Assign at least one individual to communicate and follow up with BCCPA's Energy Specialist regarding program requirements
- Agree to release gas and electric utility data to BCCPA for identifying and reporting energy savings projects
- Where applicable, provide safe access for the Energy Specialist to view mechanical systems
- Grant FortisBC right to enter premises for verification of energy savings
Click here to download the information session PowerPoint.
For inquiries, please contact Energy Specialist, Jasdeep Singh Gulati, at email@example.com.
Phone: 604-736-4233 ext 246