Launched in June 2020, the Energy Savings Program is a new initiative in partnership with FortisBC providing energy services to operators of assisted living, independent living and long-term care homes in B.C. BCCPA recognizes energy costs and concern for the environment are both important factors impacting how care homes operate throughout the province. With this in mind, the Energy Savings Program gives BCCPA members an internal resource to assist with tracking and reporting on energy use and carbon emissions, equipping them with the information necessary to achieve cost and emissions reductions.
- Strengthen the operational and financial sustainability of our members
- Help the independent living and continuing care sector reduce their overall carbon footprint
- Energy Education – Webinars and mail outs with information on how to save
- Billing Analysis, Energy Evaluations, Reporting – Have a qualified specialist look at your energy bills and complete a site walk-through to identify opportunities
- Benchmarking – Compare your site’s energy use intensity to peers using Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- Retrofit Recommendations – Identify opportunities to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions
- Incentive Applications – FortisBC, BC Hydro – Help with applying for utility incentives for New Construction and Retrofit Projects
- Participants must be commercial natural gas customers of FortisBC with Rate 2 or above
- Physically operate in the province of British Columbia
- Be a BCCPA or EngAge BC member, or on referral from FortisBC
- Complete all BCCPA and FortisBC application documents
- Assign at least one individual to communicate and follow up with BCCPA’s Energy Specialist regarding program requirements
- Agree to release gas and electric utility data to BCCPA for identifying and reporting energy savings projects
- Where applicable, provide safe access for the Energy Specialist to view mechanical systems
- Grant FortisBC right to enter premises for verification of energy savings
Terms & Conditions
Click to view the BCCPA Energy Savings Program Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply
Click here to apply for the Energy Savings Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for a list of the top FAQs for the Energy Savings Program
Energy Savings Program PowerPoint Presentation
Click the title page to download the information session PowerPoint.
FortisBC & BC Hydro Fall 2020 Utility Rebates – Webinar (video)
Innovative Technologies Webinar – February 4, 2021
For inquiries, please contact Director of Programs and Organizational Development Snezana Ristovski.
Phone: 604-736-4233 ext. 244