BC Care Providers Association’s policy team conducts leading edge research and produces influential reports tackling the key issues facing the continuing care sector in B.C.
Since 2014, BCCPA’s policy department has produced a number of highly-regarded papers, including the two-part Sustainability and Innovation: Exploring Options for Improving BC’s Continuing Care Sector from May 2016 and Quality-Innovation-Collaboration: Strengthening Seniors Care Delivery in BC from July 2015.
Our policy team members have also produced a large number of opinion pieces, some of which have been featured in local media outlets.
BC Care Providers Association produces a number of public documents that both front-line workers and family members can source, in addition to policy papers to drive innovation in the continuing care sector. We hope these resource materials can help provide answers to the many questions you may have about the continuing care sector in B.C.
- BCCPA 2022 Budget Submission (September 2021)
- COVID-19: A Turning Point for BC Seniors’ Care – BCCPA 2021 Budget Submission (June 2020)
- Dementia-Friendly Care Homes: Best Practices in Dementia Care – BCCPA, Alzheimer Society of B.C. and SFU Gerontology paper (March 2020)
- When a Hub Becomes Home: Placing Seniors at the Heart of B.C.’s Communities (Dec 2019)
- Apprenticeships: A new pathway to careers in care (November 2019)
- A 2020 Vision for Seniors’ Care – BCCPA 2020 Budget Submission (June 2019)
- Bedlam in BC’s Continuing Care Sector: Projecting Future Long Term Care Bed Needs (May 2019)
- Filling the Gap: Determining Appropriate Staffing & Care Levels for Quality in Long Term Care (March 2019)
- A Recommendations Report on Bill 16 (2016) and the Future of Assisted Living (January 2019)
- Situation Critical: A Made-in-BC Plan to Address the Seniors Care Labour Shortage (June 2018)
- Recreation Therapy to Promote Mobility Among Older Adults in Long Term Care – CALTC paper (June 2018)
- A Pathway to Ensuring the Appropriate Use of Antipsychotics in Continuing Care (April 2018)
- The Perfect Storm: A Health Human Resources Crisis in Seniors Care – Post Collaborative Report (April 2018)
- Health Begins at Home: Strengthening BC’s Home Health Care Sector (February 2018)
- Assisted Living Tenancy Task Force Review: A Report of Findings and Recommendations (July 2017)
- Strengthening Seniors Care: A Made-in-BC Roadmap – Executive Summary (January 2017)
- Strengthening Seniors Care: A Made-in-BC Roadmap (Full paper)
- BCCPA Backgrounder: Reducing Polypharmacy in B.C.’s Continuing Care Sector (December 2016)
- Doubling Hospice & End-of-Life Bed Capacity in BC by 2020 (December 2016)
- BCCPA Budget 2017 Submission (October 2016)
- Final Report: BCCPA Public Consultation Survey (October 2016)
- Part 1: White Paper on Funding and Innovation (May 2016)
- Part 2: White Paper on New Care Models and Innovation (May 2016)
Other Archived Publications (2015 and before)
- Quality-Innovation-Collaboration: Strengthening Seniors Care Delivery in BC (July 2015)
- Seniors Care For A Change (May 2014)
- Best Practices Guide for Safely Reducing Anti-Psychotic Drug Use in Residential Care [pdf] (2013)
- Intergenerational Guide & Toolkit
- Residential Care Health and Safety Guidelines