Established in 1977, BC Care Providers Association (BCCPA) is the leading voice for B.C.’s continuing care sector. Our growing membership base includes over 450 long-term care, assisted living, and commercial members from across British Columbia. Through its operating arm EngAge BC, the organization represents independent living and private-pay home health operators.
BCCPA and EngAge BC members support more than 19,000 seniors annually in long-term care and assisted living settings and 6,500 independent living residents. Additionally, our members deliver almost 2.5 million hours of home care and home support services each year.
All members are required abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics.
To be the leading expert and innovator in British Columbia, shaping the future of independent living, care, and support service for seniors.
We support our members to provide safe, high quality of life to seniors accessing seniors living, care, and support services through research, education, advocacy and partnerships.
We conduct our activities in a collaborative manner with respect, integrity and transparency and strive at all times to be responsive to our members.
What We Do
On behalf of its members BCCPA focuses its efforts in the following key areas:
- Fostering Standards and Quality of Service: Advocating for quality of life for seniors;
- Sustainability of Services: Ensuring adequate funding to enhance the quality and types of services;
- Relationship Building: Collaborating and partnering with government, health authorities and key stakeholders, and holding regular events, such as Care to Chat and our Annual Conference.
- Membership Services: Supporting members in order to foster quality of service and quality of life for seniors.
We are a proud member of the following organizations:
- Canadian Association for Long Term Care (CALTC)
- The Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL)
- BC Non-Profit Housing Association
- BC Council to Reduce Elder Abuse
- BC Adult Abuse/Neglect Prevention Collaborative