EngAge BC’s Home and Independent Living (HaIL) Training Program addresses the need for skilled workers in B.C.’s independent living and home health sector. Supported by the Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills, this program offers free short-term (6-week) training for Home Health Companions and Independent Living Hospitality workers.
Participants can expect to:
- Receive free training for non-clinical companion and hospitality roles
- Gain essential skills in just 6 weeks, including occupational health and safety training
- Obtain industry-recognized credentials like First Aid and CPR
- Access additional financial support for online learning, childcare, and transportation
- Benefit from paid work experience placements
- Get matched with an employer upon course completion
Note: The HaIL Training Program does not provide certification to work as an HCA or register with the BC Care Aide Community Health Worker Registry.
How to Apply
Applications are closed at this time.
To stay informed about future opportunities, please click here to complete our intake request form. We will contact you if future opportunities arise in your community.
For general enquiries, please contact BCCPA Programs department:
Phone: 604-736-4233 ext. 246