Established in 1977, the BC Care Providers Association (BCCPA) is the leading voice representing the non-government seniors’ care sector in British Columbia in residential care, assisted living, home care and home support.
BCCPA’s membership includes over 300 organizations delivering residential care, assisted living, home support, and commercial products and services. Our members care for more than 16,000 seniors annually in residential care and assisted living, and over 11,000 each year through home care & home support services.
In 2017, BCCPA celebrated its fortieth anniversary by helping to secure a new $500 million 4-year funding boost for residential care and care worker training from the B.C. Government.
What We Do
On behalf of its members BCCPA focuses its efforts in the following key areas:
- Foster Standards and Quality of Care: Advocate & enhance quality of life for seniors;
- Sustainability of Services: Ensure adequate funding to enhance quality of care and quality of life;
- Relationship Building: Collaborate and partner with government, health authorities and key stakeholders;
- Membership Services: Provide services to members to foster quality of care and quality of life.
We are a proud member of the following organizations:
- Canadian Alliance for Long-Term Care (CALTC)
- BC Council to Reduce Elder Abuse
- BC Adult Abuse/Neglect Prevention Collaborative
We host a number of key events throughout the year, including:
- Annual Conference (approximately 500 attendees each year) – May
- Care to Chat Speaker Series (over 600 attendees per season) November-May
- BC Care Awards (Victoria, BC) – February