Every day, front-line workers, staff and care providers across B.C. engage in challenging and inspiring work. The BC Care Providers Association is proud to recognize and celebrate their commitment to providing the best possible care for our seniors. This year, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, those working in health care have been deservedly proclaimed heroes.
When: Monday February 28th, 2022
Where: Shaughnessy Ballroom | The Fairmont Empress
Time: Doors open at 5:30pm
All attendees will have to show their proof of full vaccination and ID to attend the event. Masks are required to be worn in all common areas.
The Fairmont Empress offers discounted hotel rates for those attending the Care Awards. Hotel reservations can be made by clicking here or calling the in-house Reservations Department at 1-250-384-8111 to make their reservations. Callers should identify themselves as being part of the ‘BC Care Providers Association Group’ in order to receive the group rates. As these group rates are limited book early to avoid disappointment. Rooms must be booked by January 27th to qualify for the group rate.
Awards will be handed out in the following categories:
BC Care Provider of the Year Award
The BC Care Provider of the Year Award is awarded to a care provider or support worker in long-term care, assisted living and home health employed by one of our members who has demonstrated a commitment to quality, compassion and excellence in delivering or supporting the delivery of care to one or more of our residents or clients.
- The nominator must provide specific examples to help support how the employee demonstrated a commitment to quality, compassion and excellence.
- Examples cited must go beyond the average daily interactions between an employee and individuals in care.
- Demonstrate how this commitment may have already been recognized by their colleagues, supervisor, resident, or a member of their family.
The Care Provider of the Year Awards are sponsored by:
Ed Helfrich Long-Service Excellence Award
The Ed Helfrich Long-Service Excellence Award is awarded to a member owner/operator/employee/contractor who has a 15+ year industry track record of developing and delivering quality care for seniors.
- Has demonstrated a commitment to supporting the continuing care sector.
- Their years of service can be in broken periods, but the time involved must add up to at least 15 years.
- Is presently working in the sector or retired from the field.
The Ed Helfrich Long-Service Excellence Award is sponsored by:
Safety Champion Award
The Safety Champion Award recognizes and celebrates individuals and member organizations who are passionate about promoting a culture of safety, and whose efforts have had a significant impact—something that has made or continues to make a difference in supporting our shared goal of seeing every worker return home safely at the end of day.
- Works as staff in long-term care, home health or assisted living.
- Has consistently demonstrated a dedication to safety in their organization.
- Is ideally involved in their organization’s Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Has demonstrated safety leadership on the job in the form of peer-coaching, making safety recommendations, or taking an active role in supporting organizational safety initiatives.
- Is deserving of public recognition because of continuous excellence in bringing safety to their role.
- Has attended workshops, or pursued other educational opportunities in safety.
The Safety Champion Award is sponsored by:
Reception Sponsored by:
2020 BC Care Awards
The 7th Annual BC Care Awards were presented virtually during SafeCare BC’s Hearts and Hands online conference for health care assistants in October.
Learn more about the 2020 winners and watch them receive their awards from CEO Terry Lake in the posts linked below.
BC Care Provider of the Year (Long-Term Care) Lisa MacKenzie
BC Care Provider of the Year (Assisted Living) Krista Jones
BC Care Provider of the Year (Home Health) Kiran Minhas
2020 Safety Champion Cindy Kaufmann
2020 Ed Helfrich Long Service Excellence: Karen & Otto Froelich and Judy Reefschlager
2019 BC Care Awards
Click here for a recap of the 2019 BC Care Awards ceremony.