On August 15th, 2013, the SFU Gerontology Research Centre and Health Canada are jointly hosting a free workshop on “Preventing Heat-Related Illness in Seniors”. There will be a section in the workshop dealing specifically with residential care homes and ways their staff can prevent heat-related illness. Participants can attend in person, by phone or via WEBEX. Below is the invitation, with the registration details.
It’s been a hot summer…and the heat goes on!
Seniors are a vulnerable group that may be at risk!
The SFU Gerontology Research Centre and Health Canada invite you to attend a workshop on “Preventing Heat-Related Illness in Seniors”.
· Get practical tips on how to prevent heat illness in seniors
· Learn to recognize, diagnose and treat heat illness
· Take away Health Canada handouts & reference materials on Extreme Heat and learn about other resources
This workshop for seniors, their care providers and others will be delivered via WEBEX on Thursday, August 15th at 10:00 am – 11:30 am PST.
The session will be held in the Canfor Policy Room (room 1600) on the main floor at the SFU Harbour Centre Campus at 515 West Hastings Street in Vancouver.
To attend the workshop in person, please register by e-mailing Agnes Pisarski at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 12th! Please provide the following information:
· your first and last name
· e-mail address
· phone number
· please let us know who you are (choose from: a senior, staff who work with seniors, family care provider, member of a senior’s organization or other)
If you can’t attend in person, you can join via WEBEX from your computer at the time of the workshop:
2. Enter your name and e-mail address.
3. Enter the meeting password: Changeme1
4. Click “Join Now”.
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
To join the teleconference only:
1. Call-in toll-free number: 1-877-413-4785
2. Attendee access code: 1414040