The Area Director leads the BC paediatric and specialty nursing home care program. Reporting to the Area Director is a team of Clinical Managers who oversee the care giving workforce consisting of registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and Community Respite Workers. Together this team ensures that we meet client and family needs while working collaboratively with funders and stakeholders across BC. The successful candidate will be passionate about caring for medically fragile children and young adults and will understand that the family and community context is an integral part of the work we do. Their passion will be reflected in how they lead and support teams of extraordinary caregivers to deliver extraordinary care and service that aligns with funder and family expectations while respecting unique client needs and preferences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Area Director, under the direction of the Director Regional Development, is accountable for all aspects of Branch Office operations including business development through marketing and sales, human resources, budget and finance, quality management, client service, information systems, and the integration of directives from the National Service Centre and local health authorities. Their passion will be reflected in how they lead and support teams of extraordinary caregivers to deliver extraordinary care and service that aligns with funder and family expectations while respecting unique client needs and preferences. The Area Director leads the BC paediatric and specialty nursing home care program. Reporting to the Area Director is a team of Clinical Managers who oversee the care giving workforce consisting of registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and Community Respite Workers. Together this team ensures that we meet client and family needs while working collaboratively with funders and stakeholders across BC. The successful candidate will be passionate about caring for medically fragile children and young adults and will understand that the family and community context is an integral part of the work we do.
Branch Office Operations
- Organize Branch Office operations and staffing such that all required tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently; proactively anticipate and manage change
- Implement and Support Company sponsored programs, such as clinical, marketing, risk management and so forth, in accordance with policy and process. Proactively suggest ideas for development of new programs to corporate and division support staff
- Manage human resources with respect to strategic manpower planning, recruitment, selection and retention of qualified staff, orientation and training, compensation, discipline, employee recognition and the implementation of relevant policies
- Ensure that client care and service are delivered in accordance with local, provincial, and federal legislation and with Bayshore Home Health’s Code of Ethics, Statement of Client Right and Responsibilities and Standards of Practice; manage all contractual agreements and liase with funding partners and clients
- Collaborate in the implementation and maintenance of the office information systems and ensure the availability of local systems support
- Lead the integration of client satisfaction initiatives; ensure that all client concerns and complaints are followed up and outcomes documented
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Develop and lead the implementation of annual business and marketing plans; monitor and evaluate outcomes in relation to defined goals and objectives;
- Participate in the development and implementation of the corporate strategic business and marketing plans as requested
- Promote Bayshore Home Health through participation in local healthcare or business committees as well as community events
- Prepare annual financial objectives and subsequently manage expenses in relation to revenue; analyze the ongoing financial status of the Branch to ensure that established financial goals are being achieved; complete monthly and annual financial reports as requested
Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of the Quality Management System; coordinate continuous improvement initiatives
- Arrange internal quality audits and reviews as requested by the National Development Centre
- Complete all required Quality Management Reports
Health and Safety
It shall be the responsibility of every Area Director to ensure that employees are trained in and follow safe work procedures, company health and safety policies and all applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulations.
Every Area Director will co-operate fully with the Safety Representative/Joint Health and Safety Committee and ensure that all employees share responsibility to identify and solve workplace health and safety problems.
The Area Director reports to the Director Regional Development. All Managers and the Human Resources Coordinator report to the Area Director. Depending on the organizational structure of the Branch Office, Supervisors, Payroll/Billing Coordinators and the Receptionist may also report to the Area Director.
Completion of a Master’s degree in Business or a health-related discipline preferred; Equivalent experience considered. Registered Nurse an asset. The Area Director must have a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of business development, operations, service delivery, nursing practice, financial management and control, program development, implementation and evaluation, and human resources.
At least 7 – 10 years of progressively responsible recent experience in management, two of which were at a supervisory level and preferably in a health care setting; strong track record in leading the development and integration of profitable business and marketing plans; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources and oversee information systems
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and decision-making skills; ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; strong entrepreneurial and marketing skills; ability to work independently and effectively lead a team; demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and related software such as Windows and payroll/billing systems; commitment to continual learning; above average report writing and communication skills; valid driver’s license and willingness to undertake out-of-town travel as required, primarily in BC.
Internal candidates with less academic preparation must have a demonstrated track record of achievement as related to Branch Office operations, particularly human resources, business development, budgeting, and financial management and have shown above average initiative. Successful internal candidates must complete a three-month probationary period specific to the position of Area Director.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
The Area Director must demonstrate ongoing competency in completing all
duties and responsibilities as detailed in this job description as well as specific goals and objectives that are agreed to.
Performance will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with a formal review at the end of the six-month probationary period and subsequently, on at least an annual basis. Input will be sought from employees at the Branch Office and the National Service Centre, and in addition, will be based on ongoing client feedback and the extent to which performance meets expectations
If you are interested and qualified for the position of Area Director, Pediatrics & Specialty Nursing, please contact Nella Palombi at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.