How do you take care of business?
We are seeking submissions for the concurrent sessions at our 46th Annual Conference and invite you to submit an abstract focusing on the conference theme of “Taking Care of Business” as it relates to the continuing care and seniors living sector.
We are looking for passionate speakers presenting new ideas to an audience comprised of owners and operators, senior leaders, general managers, and administrators, as well as other stakeholders from the long-term care, assisted living, independent living, and home health sectors. We encourage submissions from across Canada, as well as internationally, for consideration in the conference programme.
Concurrent sessions are structed as one-hour sessions, dedicated to a single content area, project and/or approach. Presenters should provide a hands-on interactive learning experience and a deep dive into relevant content. The workshop design (i.e. activities) chosen should tie directly to the proposed learning objectives. Conference attendees expect to participate in interactive sessions to gain inspiration and practical tools.
Sessions must be aligned with one or more of the following streams:
- Creating Quality: Let’s talk about best practices, models and approaches that can improve the quality of life and quality of care for residents and clients, as well as their families.
- Industry Innovations: How can we revolutionize and reinvent the sector? Tell us how you are designing seniors’ living and continuing care spaces for the future, leveraging technology to improve outcomes, and turning popular conceptions upside down.
- The Business of Care: Let’s dive deep into all aspects of the care business, including leadership best practices, applying new trends in hospitality, marketing to today’s seniors, recruiting and retaining the care workforce of the future, and more!
All proposals will be adjudicated by our Events and Recognition Committee (ERC). The ERC is looking for submissions that are relevant to the key theme, fit into the above streams, outline clear learning objectives, and share innovative ideas or practices. Proposals must be completed using this online application process. Submissions by email or mail will not be considered.
While the Events and Recognition Committee (ERC) will take the submitter’s session format preference into consideration, the committee has the ultimate responsibility to determine the best placement and format of each submission in the final conference programme.
If an abstract proposal is accepted, individuals agree to register for the conference and are responsible for their own travel costs. Conference speakers will be eligible for the discounted speaker rate of $750 each and will have access to the conference.
- All proposals must be submitted by January 9th, 2023
- No late submissions will be accepted
- Successful applications will be notified by January 27th, 2023