The popular Care to Chat speaker series returns February 17th! The title of this event is Family Ties: Meaningfully Engaging Family and Resident Councils.
One of the most heartbreaking impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic over the past two years has been the separation of long-term care residents from their families and friends. While the initial response to the pandemic was to prioritize infection control in order to slow the spread of the virus, many advocates and health care experts are calling for a renewed committed to quality of life and social connection for residents living in care. One of the most powerful tools to promote quality of life and to amplify the voices of older adults living in care, are family and resident councils.
Please join us on February 17th, 2022 for the latest Care to Chat dialogue focusing on the importance of family and resident councils. Our panel will be moderated by Alzheimer’s Society of B.C. CEO Jennifer Lyle, and she will be joined by a panel of subject matter experts — family advocate Lisa Dawson, care provider Derrick Bernardo, and academic Dr. Jennifer Baumbusch—will delve into topics such as:
- What are the benefits of resident and family councils? What best practices can care providers adopt to support effective councils?
- How have family and resident councils adapted to the realities of the pandemic? Are they thriving or just surviving in this environment?
- What systematic changes are needed to better facilitate these councils to advocate on the local, regional, and even national level of behalf of older adults living in care?
Moderator: Jennifer Lyle, CEO, Alzheimer’s Society of BC
- Lisa Dawson, Chair, Vancouver Association of Family Councils
- Derrick Bernardo CEO, Broadmead Care Society
- Jennifer Baumbusch, Associate Professor, UBC School of Nursing | Program Director, Masters of Health Leadership program
Date: Thursday, February 17th
Time: 12:30 – 1:30pm (PST)
Where: Zoom Webinar
Tickets are $50 for members, $75 for non-members.
For the latest updates on our Care to Chat speaker series and information on past events, visit bccare.ca/caretochat.
Thank you to our 2021-22 Care to Chat sponsors who make these conversations possible.
Arjo Canada Inc. – Title Sponsor
PointClickCare – Gold Sponsor
The Co-operators – Silver Sponsor
Sobeys National Pharmacy Group – Silver Sponsor
Care2Talk – Silver Sponsor
Surge Learning – Silver Sponsor
Acciona – Silver Sponsor