Elim Village is a developing comprehensive Christian seniors community located on 20 acres in Fleetwood (Surrey) B.C. A not for profit charitable organization, Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. Our approach is integrative and team oriented; founded on our core values which emphasize the value we place on our relationships with residents, staff and stakeholders.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Assistant Director of Care (ADOC) – Professional Practice who will assist with the management of all aspects of clinical care to ensure quality care through effective and efficient delivery of standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
This is a Full time permanent position. Competitive compensation will be based on qualifications and relevant experience.
- Registered Nurse, with current CRNBC registration. Additional preparation in gerontology is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in direct nursing care in Long Term Care with an additional minimum of 3 years’ supervisory and\or Post Graduate education.
- Current First Aid/CPR (level C) certification.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, electronic health care record (Point Click Care preferred), and Power Point.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to assist residents, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respecting their confidentiality and privacy and communicating in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated clinical competence and the ability to provide leadership to a group of professional and non-professional staff.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Evidence of good physical, psychological and emotional health, and the capability to handle the demands of the job.
Join a dynamic team of committed health professionals in the continuing development of Elim Village – a complete Campus of Care where residents can age within their community.
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter to:
Valentina Seale, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
While we are thankful for all applications only those selected for interviews will be contacted.