In only a few days, the 2015 BCCPA Annual Conference will kick off in Whistler again this year. Last minute preparations are well underway in Burnaby where staff are getting ready to host an historic gathering of the continuing care sector in BC. Not only is it the largest event in BCCPA’s history, it is also the largest gathering of its kind in Canada solely focused on the continuing care sector.
“We’re into the final countdown now,” says Ali Devji, Conference Chair. “Everyone is busy getting ready to welcome about 450 delegates and exhibitors for what is poised to be a great learning and networking opportunity for our sector.”
Fun With Numbers
- 453: Number of registered attendees (service providers, commercial exhibitors & staff) coming to the conference this year. This compares to 398 in 2014.
- 6065 kilometers – is the farthest anyone will travel to attend our conference. That would be former Premier Robert Ghiz from Prince Edward Island.
- 78 exhibit booths in our Commercial Marketplace. This compares to only 60 last year.
- 69 Exhibitors will be on site in our Commercial Marketplace this year.
- 17 New exhibitors are attending this year who weren’t at the 2014 conference.
- 23: Is a record number of sponsors and partners this year.
- 15 New sponsors came on board this year.
- 11 Returning sponsors also supported our 2014 conference.
- 60 speakers at the conference this year compared to 32 last year.
- 24 separate workshops this year compared to 20 last year.
As you can see, we there is a lot to look forward to at the upcoming conference. Drive safely and we look forward to seeing you up there soon!