The BC Care Providers Association wants to extend a sincere thank you to everyone who supported our 36th Annual Conference held in Whistler on May 5-7th. Over 220 people attended the event — and based on the feedback we’ve received, it was a tremendous success!
Over the course of the conference we covered many interesting topics. I am pleased to report the slide presentations from many of our presenters have already been posted right here on our website. Just click on the “Events” tab to access them.[quote name=”Daniel Fontaine – CEO” pull=”Right”]As you can see, there is a lot “new” going on at the Association these days[/quote]
As part of our ongoing renewal process, the Association is undertaking a number of initiatives. What follows is just a sampling:
- Care to Chat Speaker Series: Starting this fall, we plan to begin holding regular breakfast and lunch sessions inviting some of the key thought leaders from across BC and Canada. We’ll provide you with more information this fall – but you may want to sign up for our new e-newsletter for the latest details as soon as they become available.
- LinkedIn Group: Based on feedback at the conference, we’ve established a new BC Care Providers LinkedIn group. Be sure to join today and take part in the discussion with other like-minded people working within the continuing care sector.
- New Website: On May 7th we launched a completely redesigned website. It features new content including links to social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. We plan to roll out Phase II later this year. Phase II will help to modernize our “members only” section. Stay tuned!
- Boardroom Booking: Need a centrally located boardroom for your meeting? We now offer both members and non-members the opportunity to book our 15 seat boardroom for a nominal fee. Book online today.
As you can see, there is a lot “new” going on at the Association these days and we welcome your continued involvement and input.
In closing, we’ve posted a special video (click below) and designed a photo album which helps to capture many of the sights and sounds from the conference. We hope you enjoy it and are looking forward to your continued involvement with the Association in the years to come.
PS If you want to know who won the one week vacation in Chandler, Arizona for a week, it was Gavin McIntosh from The Care Group. He was chosen from amongst 75+ submissions posted on our “Idea Boards”.
– Written by Daniel Fontaine, CEO