Care to Chat returns! How BC’s care sector responds to COVID’s next wave
BC Care Providers Association and EngAge BC is excited to announce our next installment in the Care to Chat speaker series, now in its 8th season! The topic is critically important to our members and the sector as a whole: how do we respond to the next wave of the COVID crisis?
This summer, the BC Care Providers Association’s Advisory Committee on COVID-19 issued draft recommendations to better prepare government and the seniors living and care sector for a certain second wave of COVID-19. A comprehensive survey with care providers and stakeholders was completed, along with a literature review. The findings were reviewed by a panel of academics and are reported in COVID-19 and Seniors Care in BC: Navigating the Next Wave, a preview copy of which will be provided to registrants a week in advance.
As we head into what some are calling a ‘dark winter’ amid the coronavirus pandemic, this Care to Chat will offer the opportunity to hear a panel of experts moderated by CEO Terry Lake as well as break out into smaller group discussions on the following themes:
- Pandemic Preparedness & Coordination
- Reducing Infection Transmission
- Supporting Staff and Operators
- Providing Social Supports
- Dr. Denise Cloutier — Professor of Health Geography and Research Affiliate with the Institute on Aging and Lifelong Health at the University of Victoria, and report reviewer
- Wynona Giannasi — Consultant, health sector strategist and partner at Howegroup, and co-author of the report
- Debra Hauptman — CEO, Langley Lodge and BCCPA board member
When: Friday, November 27th, 10am – noon
Where: Via Zoom
Tickets: $50 members, $75 non-members
This event is at capacity.
We’d like to thank our Care to Chat speaker series sponsors who have made these sector dialogues possible.
Rexall Health Solutions – Title Sponsor
Point Click Care – Gold Sponsor
Sobeys National Pharmacy Group – Silver Sponsor
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited – Silver Sponsor