Every day front-line workers, care providers, and staff go above and beyond delivering care to British Columbians. BC Care Providers Association celebrates their unwavering passion, perseverance and grit.
The BC Care Awards recognize excellence and innovation in the continuing care sector, and honor those who have demonstrated outstanding excellence within their field of work.
The awards ceremony will take place on February 19, 2018 at the Fairmont Empress in Victoria, B.C.
Along with BCCPA’s service provider and commercial members, members of the Legislative Assembly and other government staff will be in attendance to honor the award recipients who help improve seniors’ care in B.C., and inspire others to do the same.
Nominate someone who deserves to be recognized for the challenging and inspiring work they do. Nominations are now being accepted for the 5th annual BC Care Awards in the following categories:
Safety Champion Award
The Safety Champion Award recognizes and celebrates individuals and member organizations who are passionate about promoting a culture of safety, and whose efforts have had a significant impact—something that has made, or continues to make a difference in supporting our shared goal of seeing every worker return home safely at the end of day.
Everyday, there are people and organizations making an exceptional difference to health and safety in the workplace. The BCCPA wants to recognize them.
- Works as staff in a residential care, home care or assisted living setting.
- Has consistently demonstrated a dedication to safety in their organization.
- Is ideally involved in their organization’s Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Has demonstrated safety leadership on the job in the form of peer-coaching, making safety recommendations, or taking an active role in supporting organizational safety initiatives.
- Is deserving of public recognition because of continuous excellence in bringing safety to their role.
- Has attended workshops, or pursued other educational opportunities in safety.
Ed Helfrich Long-Service Excellence Award
This award celebrates a member owner/operator or a member employee/contractor who has a 15+ year-industry record accomplishment of developing and delivering quality care for individuals in care.
- Has demonstrated a commitment to supporting the continuing care sector.
- Their years of service can be in broken periods, but the time involved must add up to at least 15 years.
- Is presently working in the sector or retired from the field.
BC Care Provider of the Year (Home Care & Residential Care)
Awarded to a front-line care provider employed by one of our members who has demonstrated a commitment to quality, compassion, and excellence in delivering care to one or more residents and/or clients.
- Specific examples must be provided to help support how the employee demonstrated a commitment to quality, compassion, and excellence.
- Examples cited must go beyond the average daily interactions between an employee and individuals in care.
- Demonstrate how this commitment may have already been recognized by their colleagues, supervisor, resident, or a member of their family.
How are winners selected?
BCCPA’s Events and Recognition Committee will meet in early December to review nominations.
Nominees will be judged on how best they align with the stated criteria and intent of the award.
Final award recipients will be recommended by the Events & Recognition Committee and will be approved by the BCCPA’s Board of Directors.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, December 1, 2017.
Email nominations to BCCPA Director of Events and Administration Cathy Szmaus at firstname.lastname@example.org.