It’s official! There are six commercial members who have put their name on the ballot to succeed Alex Jones as the commercial representative on the 2018 Annual Conference Committee. Commercial delegates attending the 40th Annual Conference being held in Whistler from May 28-31st will have a chance to cast a ballot for who they’d like to represent them on this important BCCPA Board committee.
The six candidates come from a diverse background and include:
- Rick Smith – Business Development, Remedy’sRx Specialty Pharmacy
- Toshi Ward – Technical Sales, Greater Vancouver Forbo Flooring NA
- Jayne Coombs – Director Business Development, LifeMark Seniors Wellness
- Tony Morris – Regional Sales Manager, Western Canada ComVida Corporation
- Scott Mackett – Account Manager of the Vancouver Coastal Region, Angel Accessibility Solutions
- Tracy Cochrane – Owner Points West – Audio Visual | Acoustics | Healthcare
You can click on this link to read their personal biographies which have now been posted on the BCCPA website.
“We’re thrilled with the calibre and number of candidates who put their names forward,” says Daniel Fontaine, CEO for the BCCPA. “Perhaps it was all the excitement regarding the recent provincial election or the fact it’s a great committee to work on, but having this type of talent on the ballot is very exciting to see.”
This is the first time in the BCCPA’s history that a commercial delegate will have been selected in this manner to sit on the Annual Conference Committee. A commercial representative was added to the committee in 2015 after the BCCPA surveyed its exhibitors and found a significant interest in having this put forward for consideration by the Board.
“I want to wish all the candidates the best of luck and I look forward to announcing next year’s representative up at the conference during my annual Q & A session,” adds Fontaine.
Please note service provider delegates [residential care, home care, assisted living] are not eligible to vote.