The BC Care Providers Association policy team conducts leading edge research and produces high profile seniors reports tackling the key issues facing the continuing care sector in B.C.
Since 2014, the influential BCCPA policy department has produced a number of highly-regarded papers, including the two-part Sustainability and Innovation: Exploring Options for Improving BC’s Continuing Care Sector from May 2016 and Quality-Innovation-Collaboration: Strengthening Seniors Care Delivery in BC from July 2015.
The BCCPA policy department has also produced a large number of opinion pieces, some of which have been featured in local media outlets.
The BC Care Providers Association produces a number of public documents that both front-line workers and family members can use, in addition to policy papers to drive innovation in the continuing care sector. We hope these resource materials can help provide answers to the many questions you may have about the continuing care sector in B.C.
Recent BCCPA Publications
- Strengthening Seniors Care: A Made-in-BC Roadmap – Executive Summary (January 2017)
- Strengthening Seniors Care: A Made-in-BC Roadmap (Full paper)
- BCCPA Backgrounder: Reducing Polypharmacy in B.C.’s Continuing Care Sector (December 2016)
- Doubling Hospice & End-of-Life Bed Capacity in BC by 2020 (December 2016)
- BCCPA Budget 2017 Submission (October 2016)
- Final Report: BCCPA Public Consultation Survey (October 2016)
Sustainability and Innovation: Exploring Options for Improving BC’s Continuing Care Sector
- Part 1: White Paper on Funding and Innovation (May 2016)
- Part 2: White Paper on New Care Models and Innovation (May 2016)
Other Archived Publications
- Quality-Innovation-Collaboration: Strengthening Seniors Care Delivery in BC (July 2015)
- Seniors Care For A Change (May 2014)
- Best Practices Guide for Safely Reducing Anti-Psychotic Drug Use in Residential Care [pdf] (2013)
- Intergenerational Guide & Toolkit
- Residential Care Health and Safety Guidelines