BC Care Providers Association (BCCPA) is a non-profit continuing care association representing service providers in residential care, home care, assisted living and home support in British Columbia. Further information can be located on our site bccare.ca.
As part of our 40th Anniversary celebrations, the BCCPA will be providing bursaries for up to 40 students currently enrolled in full-time post-secondary programs to attend the largest continuing care sector conference held in Western Canada.
BCCPA 2018 Annual Conference
May 27-29, 2018
Fairmont Chateau Whistler
The BCCPA Annual Conference is three days of events, educational workshops, networking and discussions with specific themes and high-profile keynote speakers. The 2018 theme is focused on the complexities and challenges facing our political leaders, health care administrators and clinicians as they undertake a major shift of financial and human resources out of acute care to home, community and residential centered care.
What Does the Successful Health Care Student Receive from the BCCPA Bursary?
- An all-expense paid experience to the BCCPA 2018 Annual Conference, with meals, transportation and accommodation expenses covered for travel that is within the province of BC.
- Opportunity to network with other students, panelists, and professionals in the sector as well as meet and hear from various Ministry of Health and Health Authority delegates.
- Opportunity to learn about new and innovative programs, research and innovations in the continuing care sector.
At the Annual Conference, the successful bursary students may be expected to engage in the pre-conference discussions, debates, educational workshops, and make presentations to assembled delegates. A brief written outline relating to their experience at the Annual Conference for publication on the BCCPA website will also requested. Further information will be provided following the awards announced as to the details of participation.
What Must Acceptable Bursary Entries and Submissions Clearly Indicate?
- Student contact information (name, phone number, email and address)
- Name of post-secondary institution, campus and program of study outlining the full-time program the student is enrolled as of December 1st, 2017. Program examples could include Gerontology, Nursing, Kinesiology, Recreational Leadership, Health Sciences, Health Administration, Health Leadership & Policy, Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or Health Information Management.
- A brief biography outlining:
- Why you would like to attend the BCCPA Annual Conference
- Why you would like to work in the continuing care sector
-and one of the following-
- An innovation that you have that could help the continuing care sector
- How the BCCPA could better promote or use social media to encourage BC secondary students to consider a future career in senior’s care and the continuing care sector
- Includes a formal disclosure for release of information to be shared for the bursary entry.
Includes an Authorization and Declaration. “I hereby declare that the information contained herein, all statements made and all supporting documents submitted in connection with this bursary application are true, correct and complete. I understand that any misrepresentation or incomplete disclosure on or relating to this bursary application may result in the cancellation of an award, or repayment of an award. I
- understand that successful submission of my bursary application and documentation does not guarantee that I will receive a bursary award.”
- That the submission is made on an individual basis in writing of no more than 500 words or if through a video no more than 2 minutes in length.
How Do I Enter for the Bursary in Writing via my Post-Secondary Institution?
Contact your school representative to submit your entry that is no longer than 500 words.
University of British Columbia
Simon Fraser University
University of Victoria
Your school representative will provide the top submissions no later than December 15th, 2017 at 5:00 pm to the BCCPA Director of Programs – Snezana Ristovski email@example.com. The successful applicants will be contacted by BCCPA in early 2018 regarding further information and planning for conference attendance. Very creative submissions will receive extra weighting.
How Do I Enter for the Bursary by Video via Social Media?
Produce a 2-minute creative and unique video that captures the main bursary program criteria. Post the video on your YouTube channel. Share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with @bccareproviders, and use #ShiftHappens and #BCCPA. The videos should be shared no later than January 15th, 2018 by midnight. The successful applicants will be contacted by BCCPA in early 2018 regarding further information and planning for conference attendance. Very creative submissions will receive extra weighting.
If in attendance, expenses covered for the 2018 Annual Conference (with allowable limits) include:
- Transportation costs (parking, mileage, or airfare to be determined by the BCCPA)
- Meals (Sunday dinner, Monday breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as Tuesday breakfast and lunch May 27-29, 2018 inclusively)
- Two nights accommodation at the beautiful Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Terms and Conditions
More than one student per post-secondary institution is eligible to receive the bursary per year. Some exceptions can be made upon request such as including students enrolled in part-time studies.
Successful bursary recipients must at first instance arrange to meet their own expenses. An expense form will be provided at the Annual Conference and must be returned within 2 weeks for reimbursement of the allowable expenses. If the cheque is not cashed within 6 months of the date the cheque is printed, the BCCPA has fulfilled its duties and is under no obligation to re-issue the cheque, or approve funding for the same purpose.
January 15th, 2018 (by midnight)
Bursary recipients will be announced in February 2018.
Questions for clarification can be sent via email to the Director of Programs Snezana Ristovski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You for Your Interest and Good Luck to All Students!