Job Opportunity: Community Manager, Joseph Creek Village (Cranbrook, B.C.)
**This is a sponsored bulletin from Golden Life Management**
About the opportunity
Golden Life has an exciting opportunity for a Community Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of Joseph Creek Village in Cranbrook, B.C.
Whether your background is in business, hospitality or healthcare, if you have demonstrated leadership experience and a genuine passion for helping people live their best life, this could be a great career opportunity for you.
Joseph Creek Village is a beautifully designed lifestyle community that is perfect for seniors who want an independent and active lifestyle without the worries of maintaining a home. Located in Cranbrook, B.C., the village gives residents the freedom to enjoy a high standard of living and pursue their long-held retirement dreams.
In this full-time role, you will report to the Regional Manager and COO and oversee the delivery of housing and hospitality services, as well as the coordination of assisted living and residential care. Specifically, you will provide leadership and support to the Assistant Community Manager, Kitchen Manager and Director of Care, and act as an approachable resource for all staff.
Key areas of responsibility
- Guide and monitor the development, implementation, and evaluation of service/care plans within each functional area
- Coordinate service delivery overlaps to create seamless efficiencies that enhance service delivery
- Ensure service delivery meets the changing needs of the resident population and that quality standards and objectives are met
- Administer and monitor the operating budget allocation and make appropriate adjustments to ensure targets are achieved
- Lead, mentor and develop employees to maximize productivity, job satisfaction, and client services
- Provide leadership and direction to the care/service team by fostering and promoting new initiatives
- Engage with the local community to promote the village, attract new tenants and encourage opportunities for interaction and collaboration
- Respond to all staff, resident, and family issues in a timely manner
The Ideal Candidate
For this role, we are seeking a team player with a participatory leadership style. Your strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills will serve you well in this role as you partner with a wide variety of stakeholders (internal staff, residents, families, physicians, licensing authorities and community members) to address concerns, resolve conflict and improve operational efficiencies.
As a caring, compassionate, and approachable individual, you will have exceptional communication abilities and a strong customer service orientation. A relevant post-secondary education is considered a strong asset, as is previous experience in retirement living, healthcare or hospitality management. Ideally, you will also demonstrate working knowledge of the issues and requirements related to long-term care, including compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Previous experience leading a team of people is essential for success in this role, as is previous experience managing budgets and prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines.
Why Golden Life?
At Golden Life, not only will you be joining a genuine, caring and collaborative team, you’ll also be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package that is commensurate with your skills and experience. The successful candidate will also receive:
- Performance-based bonus
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity for professional development
How to apply
Applicants should e-mail their resume and a cover letter to Damon Lillejord at email@example.com