Job Opportunity: Administrator at Eden Gardens (Nanaimo, B.C.)
**This is a sponsored bulletin from the Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society**
Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society is a not-for-profit registered charity. For thirty-five plus years, NTLS has been a leader in Elder Care in the Mid-Vancouver Island area serving Ladysmith, Parksville, Nanaimo and Qualicum Beach.
The Society owns and operates Eden Gardens, a full-time home to 130 Elders with dementia. 155 non-resident Elders with dementia also participate in community day programs. NTLS started construction of Eden Gardens, a new 130 bed purpose-built residential care home in July 2015. The home was completed, licensed and operational April 28, 2017.
NTL’s strategic direction includes maintaining its status as a registered Eden Alternative home.
As the Administrator you will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our residents and their families by taking on responsibility for the overall management and operations of the home. You will leverage your leadership skills to engage employees, contractors and volunteers to achieve optimum standards of care, service and value for our residents while consistently working within budgetary goals and regulatory requirements.
In this role you will be focused on
- Attracting and engaging managers and employees who model Eden’s values and provide exceptional care
- Achieving a high level of employee, resident and family satisfaction
- Ensuring resident safety and care that meets or exceeds regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the success of Quality Improvement Programs and initiatives
- Managing financial resources and meeting/exceeding targets
- Planning and implementing the Eden philosophy
What You Bring
- A university degree in Health, Business, Marketing or Social Services or related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant health management experience including budgeting, operating statement analysis and labour relations
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and manage a sizeable multidisciplinary team, in a unionized environment
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and business metrics
- Experience in risk management activities and demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes
- Passion to promote and implement the Eden philosophy within the organization and with families
- Vision to support a resident centred care philosophy
What We Offer
- A mature, supportive and diverse Board
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Vision to support a resident centered care philosophy
How to apply
Applicants should e-mail their resume and a cover letter to Sandy Parise at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.