JOB POSTING: Administrative Assistant & Board Secretariat
Description: The Administrative Assistant provides senior administrative and project coordination support of a highly confidential nature to the CEO and the Board of Directors of the BC Care Providers Association and SafeCare BC.
The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Manager of Events and Administration, but interacts administratively with all other personnel as well as contractors and vendors. Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with government MLAs, political and public service staff, members, contractors, and all other key personnel. The required candidate will be extremely organized, detail-oriented and must be able to meet key deadlines.
- Provide administrative support to the BCCPA Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Director for SafeCare BC
- Manage executive calendars and book travel
- Act as the Board secretariat
- Prepare written correspondence (internal/external) and manage external stakeholder relations
- Pro-actively identify and coordinate meetings with Ministry of Health, Health Authorities and other key stakeholders
- Ensure that BCCPA meets all of its administrative obligations to SafeCare BC and its Executive Director outlined in the support services agreement.
- Accounts receivable when required
- Accounts payable when required
- Order and maintain adequate office supplies
- Liaise with building management
- Filing and digital record keeping
- Draft correspondence and responds to queries on behalf of CEO and/or Executive Director
- Order catering for in-office and external meetings
- Work with contracted external IT support
- Confirm quorum and meeting attendance
- Coordinate Board annual meeting calendar
- Record minutes and distribute in a timely manner
- Act as secretariat support for various Board committees
- Post minutes and board materials on secure section of BCCPA website
Conference and Event Management
- Provide on-site support for key events such as the Annual Conference and the Care to Chat speaker series.
Other Prescribed Duties as Necessary
All interested candidates should send their resume and cover letters to the attention of Cathy Szmaus – firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, December 4th. Only candidates moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.