Happy Holidays and Office Closure
Please note that the BC Care Providers Association will be closed from Monday, December 23 to Friday, January 3, 2014. Our team wants to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
In addition, if you are looking for some light reading over the holidays, browse through the links below for a recap of 2013 at the BCCPA! This past year has continued to move at a very fast pace and it truly is an exciting time to be a member of the Association and working within the continuing care sector.
- Fontaine Hired as New BCCPA CEO
- New Care to Chat speaker series launched with keynote speaker the Hon. Suzanne Anton, QC, Minister of Justice and Attorney General!
- 1st Annual Minister’s Lunch with the Hon. Terry Lake and over 340 people in attendance!
- Dave Cheperdak Becomes New BCCPA President
- Signed contract with WorkSafe BC to establish SafeCare BC.
- F.L.U.E. (Friends/Family Lather Upon Entry) awareness campaign launched in November, and hundreds of FREE stickers sent out!
- The BCCPA undertakes red-tape review of the continuing care sector.
- Board Retreat Leads to Development of 2013-16 Strategic Plan
- Launch of our New Member-Only Section of the BCCPA Website
- BCCPA and members raise over $65,000 for Typhoon Haiyan aid effort!
- Over 220 people attend BCCPA Annual Conference in Whistler
- Continuing Care Sector Red Tape Review Gets Underway
- BCCPA establishes new BC Care Awards acknowledging excellence and contributions within the continuing care sector.
- BCCPA submitted three key recommendations to Finance Minister Mike de Jong’s 2014 Provincial Budget.
- Board Appoints 2014 Annual Conference Committee.
- BCCPA Establishes Care Aide Registry Review Committee
- Last May the BCCPA unveiled our social media engagement strategy. This included the re-launch of our Twitter account as well as a new presence on Facebook and LinkedIn. Since last May, we are pleased to report that we have grown our Facebook likes from 0 to 49, increased our Twitter followers by over 900%, and expanded our Linked In group members from 0 to 93! What has been most pleasing to watch is the 70% increase in website traffic since its re-launch in May!
We would like to thank all of our members and key stakeholders who supported us throughout this past year. We wish you the very best over the holidays and success in the New Year!
PS For any media queries or urgent issues during the break, please call 604-736-4233 ext 229 and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.