BC Information and Privacy Commissioner Hosting Special Conference
The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for B.C. is hosting a conference in recognition of the 20th Anniversary of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The theme is Privacy and Access 20/20: A New Vision for Information Rights. It “will look back on our journey over the past 20 years of privacy and access in B.C., but also look forward to future reform.” The conference will take place October 10-11, 2013 in Vancouver.
Topics will include:
- Big Data
- Technology and Privacy
- Open Government
- Securing Genetic Privacy
- Landmark Decisions in Access and Privacy Law
- Future of Surveillance
- Gen Y, Privacy and Social Media
The headliners are:
- Professor Kevin Dunion, Executive Director, Centre for Freedom of Information, School of Law, University of Dundee
- David Eaves, Public Policy Entrepreneur and Open Data Activist
- Jennifer Stoddart, Privacy Commissioner of Canada
For more information, visit the conference website.