Panelists Answer Questions Regarding New Safety Association
On April 18th, the BC Care Providers Association hosted a special online teleforum regarding its application to establish a new continuing care safety association. If you were unable to attend, you can download the full session by clicking here.
During this 60-minute teleforum we discussed the points below plus fielded specific questions from participants representing sites from across the province.
- What is the BC Continuing Care Safety Association and what is the status of the application to Worksafe? When will the association be created?
- Why does Worksafe think the BC Continuing Care Safety Association is a good idea, and what will be the impact on premiums?
- What can the BC Continuing Care Safety Association learn from the Alberta model?
- How can this new association address your safety training priorities?
The panelists included:
- Daniel Fontaine, new CEO of the BC Care Providers Association (BC CPA).
- Carla Gregor, President & CEO of Good Samaritan Society & member of the board of the BC CPA and Continuing Care Safety Association in Alberta.
- Stephen Symon, Manager of Health Care & Education sectors for WorkSafe BC.
- Darryl Kutschinski, Executive Director for Continuing Care Safety Association in Alberta.
Please complete the brief online survey to help the new Safety Association start learning more about its members.
There’s more on the terrific results achieved by the Continuing Care Safety Association in Alberta as a model the BC Association can follow in a recent BCCPA post on their website, and in a recent BCCPA newsletter (pages 13-16)
In our next teleforum (scheduled for Tuesday May 21st @ 11am PT) we’ll focus more on what the new BC Association can learn from the Alberta Association’s success. Send an email to email@example.com to register.